WELCOME to CATS'23
Place: Gulf University for Science & Technology, Mishref-Kuwait
Date: 29-30 Oct 2023
Organizer: Gulf University for Science & Technology with technical support from IEEE section in Kuwait
Under the patronage of the Central Agency for Information Technology (CAIT), the 2nd edition of the Computer Applications & Technological Solutions “CATS'23” conference will be held on October 29-30, in Kuwait under the theme of “ Data Science and Advanced Analytics”.
Call for Paper
Significant effect on the design, development, and use of technologies. The goal of the conference is to be a venue for researchers and industry practitioners to share new ideas, research results, and development experiences in various fields that are related to Data science.
This track solicits the latest, original, and significant contributions related to foundations and theoretical developments of Data Science and Advanced Analytics. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Data science foundations and theories
- Mathematics and statistics for data science and analytics
- Understanding data characteristics and complexities
- Machine/deep/statistical learning-based algorithms
- Advanced analytics and knowledge discovery methods
- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Optimization theories and methods
- Large-scale databases, big-data processing, distributed processing, and ethical analytics
- Model explainability and provenance
- Theories and methods for evaluation, explanation, visualization, and presentation
- Survey and review
This track solicits high-quality, original papers presenting applications and best practices of Data Science and Advanced Analytics across various disciplines and domains, including business, government, health and medical science, physical sciences, and social sciences. Submissions are expected to address problems on real-life data and the results can ideally be reproducible through a public git repository. Also, submitted papers are expected to provide inspiring results to policy-makers, end-users, or practitioners of Data Science and Advanced Analytics or to highlight new challenges for researchers motivated by the specific needs and characteristics of application areas.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Domain-specific data science and analytics practice, including business analytics, health/medical analytics, financial analytics, and environmental analytics
- Government analytics and enterprise analytics
- Cloud, crowd, online, mobile, and distributed data analytics
- Business, economic, environmental, and social impact modeling
- Real-world applications, case studies, and demonstrations
- Operationalizable infrastructures, platforms, and tools
- Deployment, management, and policy-making
- Ethics, social issues, privacy, trust, fairness, and bias
- Reflections and lessons for better practice
Submissions for both the research and applications tracks should very clearly specify the problem being solved, what methodologies were used to solve the problem, what data was used, how the results were evaluated, and how the solution is being used (ideally in production).